Club benefits, always at your fingertips
Ex Libris Club members can take advantage of attractive benefits, such as from 12 bimonthly savings vouchers, ongoing new Club campaigns, fantastic offers and much much more. With the Ex Libris app the attractive Club benefits are now available also your mobile device:
- Members can store their Club cards in the Ex Libris app
- You have all the Club discounts, promotions, campaigns and offers and the Club magazine, right at your fingertips, anytime
- Savings vouchers can be easily redeemed at check-out
- Non-members can easily and conveniently apply for Club membership in the app and link it to an existing online account.
Challenges in design & implementation
Those things that ultimately seem simple for the user, provided a number of challenges both in the conception as well as in the implementation:
- Easy Usability: The focus was on enticingly presenting the many Club benefits to potential new Club members in a few simple steps as well as providing existing customers with a simple online registration of their card.
- Many use cases: It was also necessary to consider the many possible use cases, such as registration with and without Club membership, adding partner cards or the handling of expired club cards.
- Central management of all platforms: Ex Libris focused on ease of administration for the ever-changing content on all platforms. This was possible thanks to a central CMS solution introduced last year and which is now being expanded for the Club.
From a technological perspective, the implementation was anything but trivial, according to André Horstmann, Head of Mobile Engineering at appculture: "Since the solution was being implemented on all channels simultaneously - meaning, in native iOS and Android apps, the mobile Web and Web - close coordination with many stakeholders was required. The highest possible flexibility of the solution was always in the forefront."
Consistent Cross Channel
With the digitization of the Ex Libris Club functions across all online channels - web, mobile web and native apps - Ex Libris is continuing to implement their omni-channel strategy consistently.
The benefits for the customers: whatever channel they use for the wide range of Ex Libris offers, they will find all same shopping features on all channels, such as browsing and buying from the comprehensive product range of more than 6 million items, account management, reviewing purchase orders, managing personal shopping lists, buying and redeeming coupons - and now in addition - the Ex Libris Club.
Linking online and offline is also guaranteed: for example, items stock in stores can be viewed in the app online, articles ordered online can be picked up, returned or paid for in the store or at a designated pick-up location.
If you don't already have the Ex Libris app on your phone, you can download it here:
Further information on the Ex Libris app can be found here